BEKEY OrangeBox is an access control device destined for both corporate
and private use.
As a corporate client you will have complete control and overview over access
management for your properties and business. Run your daily operations more
efficiently by taking advantage of the following benefits:
- Manage access remotely from your desktop.
- Send digital keys to employees, contractors and guests.
- Pre-set time limited or standard access according to the needs of your
- Createvirtualelectronickeybundles thatwill saveyoutimeandresources.
- Administrate an unlimited number of users, keys and BEKEY devices
- Gain access to detailed reports .
- Have your data protected with a highly secured encryption between OrangeBox, mobile devices and NETKEY platform.
As a private customer you will now get to experience how easy it is to
open your gate or door with a simple touch on your phone. Some of the
- Fast and smooth door openings.
- Send and receive electronic keys on the cell phone.
- Easy distribution of standard and time limited keys.
- Up to 20 active users can receive digital keys on their mobile phones via
the BEKEY app.
- Due to its small size, the unit can be embedded in the existing system,
thus making it invisible from outside.
- High security 128 bit encryption.
*Be sure to read this guide completely before installing and using
*We recommend that the OrangeBox unit is installed by a
In this manual you will find a step by step guide on how to install the unit, set
up the user account and distribute keys.
This guide includes:
- BEKEY OrangeBox product specification
- 1. Product description
- 2. Product specifications
- Requirements for installing BEKEY OrangeBox
- 1. Power supply
- 2. Supported operating systems
- Downloading the BEKEY app
- BEKEY OrangeBox for corporate clients
- BEKEY OrangeBox for private customers
- Technical guide for installing BEKEY OrangeBox
- 1. Mechanical installation
- 2. Electrical installation
- 2.1. Wiring diagram model 1 (this covers the most common use cases).
- 2.2. Wiring diagram model 2
- 3. Safety instructions
- 4. BEKEY OrangeBox during operation
- Digital key distribution
- 1. Digital key distribution and access management for corporate clients.
- 2. Share keys with family and friends as a private customer
- 2.1. Type of keys
- 2.2. Administrate the keys for your OrangeBox
- 2.3. Settings
- Administrate multiple BEKEY units
- 1. Door openings
- 2. Sending keys
- Install your BEKEY OrangeBox without the QR code, for private customers.
1.BEKEY OrangeBox product specification
1.1 Product description
|Dimensions||87 mm x 31 mm x 13 mm (L x W x H)
3.43 in x 1.22 in x 0.51 in (L x W x H)
|Supply voltage range||6V-24V AC/DC|
|Maximum current drawn through the relay||Max. 24V 1.0A|
|Average current consumption||15 mA average|
|Wiring||50 cm (≈1.64 ft) cord for relay and power supply connection
The BEKEY OrangeBox should be connected to a wire of maximum 30 m (≈ 98 ft.)
to ensure a proper functioning of the device.
|Power consumption||0.1 W – 0.4 W|
|Temperature range||-10 °C to 50 °C
(14 °F to 122 °F)
|Humidity||Range should be between
30% - 90% relative humidity
2.1 Power supply
*The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.,Connection to a power supply that provides 6V-24V. Stabile and dry environment.2.2 Supported operating systemsBEKEY OrangeBox is operated via Bluetooth®LE and is supported by the following systems:Apple (Available on the App Store)
- iPhone 4S or newer
- iPad 3 or newer
- iOS 8 or newerAndroid (Get it on Google Play)· Android version 4.3 or newer
Make sure your cell phone has a stable internet connection, while downloading and installing the BEKEY app.
The private account will be managed through BEKEY app.The corporate account will be managed through BEKEY app and NETKEY.
4. BEKEY OrangeBox for corporate clients
After downloading the BEKEY app, select corporate account type. The user is
required to log in with a user name,
customer account number and password. These login credentials are sent automatically through text message
to every user that is created by the administrator in the NETKEY platform. After creating the corporate account,
proceed with the installation of the unit, section 6.
NETKEY is a cloud based platform that allows the corporate clients to:
- Create and edit users
- Send or delete keys
- Create and edit key bundles
- Have access to different type of reports: battery status, statistics regarding
openings, user logs etc
Order installation or removal of BEKEY units
*A user manual for NETKEY will be provided separately for corporate customers.
6.1 Mechanical installation
6.2 Electrical Installation
The door unit is mounted with 50 cm (≈ 1.64 ft.) cable with fourleads.
Two leads (red and black) for voltage supply and two
leads (orange and brown) to activate the door lock.
The supply voltage (VCC1 and VCC2) can be both
direct current (DC), regardless of polarity, and
alternating current (AC).
VCC 1 Black / VCC 2 Red / RL 1 Orange /
RL 2 Brown
The door lock is activated via a potential free normally open contact (RL 1
and RL 2).
6.2.1 Wiring diagram Model 1 (this covers the most common use cases).
6.2.2 Wiring diagram Model 2
6.3 Safety instructions
In order to work properly the unit needs to be protected from humidity and
extreme weather conditions.
- Do not disassemble the unit.
- Do not spray water on the indoor unit. Do not keep the unit where it wil be exposed to moisture.
- Do not overload power supply and relay.
- Do not drop or shock the unit.
- Do not place any naked flames (e.g. lighted candles) near the apparatus.
- Do not cover the ventilation holes with clothing, paper, curtains etc.
- This apparatus is designed for moderate climates. Do not use in high humidity, dusty or dirty areas.
- Do not use solvents for cleaning
- To disconnect or isolate the unit, switch off at the power supply.
After the first opening command is sent through the app, the LEDs will turn
7. Digital key distribution
7.1 Digital key distribution and access management for corporate clients.
For corporate accounts, access management and key distribution is controlled
through NETKEY. Request the NETKEY User Manual at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.2 Share keys with family and friends as a private customer
Slide the screen to the left.
7.2.1 Type of keys
1. Time-limited key
The person who receives the key will have access to your home just
on the days and time interval you specify.
2. Standard key
This type of key is suited for family members and persons who you
wish to have regular access to your home.
Slide the screen to manage access.
7.2.2 Administrate the keys for your OrangeBox.
Here you have an overview over who currently has a key to your door.
8.1 Door openings
8.2 Sending keys
9. Install your BEKEY OrangeBox without the QR code.
For private customers
If you cannot find or scan the QR code, you can still install and configure your
BEKEY OrangeBox. After creating your user account in the BEKEY app, proceed
with the mechanical and electrical installation, see section 6. When pressing
open for the first time on the BEKEY app, your BEKEY OrangeBox will be
connected to the user on your phone.
Solving a problem with door opening
- Step 1: Check that the wires are properly connected and the unit has a stable voltage supply.
Step 2: Check that the app is searching for doors.
Step 3: Hold the phone closer to the BEKEY unit.
Step 4: Update the keys by pressing “Reactivate keys”.
- Step 5: Check that Bluetooth® is activated.
This symbol on the product and / or accompanying documents means that used
electrical and electronic products should not be mixed with general household waste.
For proper treatment, recovery and recycling, please take this product to designated
collection points where it will be accepted free of charge.